Wednesday 23 January 2008

The power of music


What can I say. This blog post may be even more cliche than some of the others but I simply can't not write about it.


I'm wired this morning. I'm literally on fire. I have a presentation this afternoon that I'm working on, I have several other things to do and I didn't sleep last night because of it so have ended up on the black coffee. All of that means I'm wired. Very wired.


So I'm working away thinking about big words and marketing speak when all of a sudden I hear 4 twangs on a guitar. I stop typing. I hear it again. It's the same 4 twangs Russell says here is his favourite guitar sound.


Shine on you crazy diamond is being played a few desks away.


It's not very loud and as I type I can only hear little snippets of it. That matters not because I can fill in the gaps mentally. I know the song very well, but not as a product, as an experience. An experience that it takes me on every time I listen to it.


So now I'm wired - but in a really nice way. I'm remembering Live 8, Earls Court and the first time I heard the song and sat down and realised I'd found 'my' band. My sound. An extension of me created by others.

No comments: