Tuesday 22 January 2008

Marketing Nonsense

I'm not going to write too much about this because I don't really want to add any undue publicity to something this crap.




This email has just landed in my Inbox:


Ignore the pompous knob and the terrible graphics and focus on the line above. For those that can't read it it says: "theTrainline. Here's something we thought might interest you..."

Now forgive me if I'm missing something but if I use public transport do I want emails about Ultimate Trading Secrets? To me this type of marketing is exactly the type of stuff that should be culled from existence. There simply is no connection between the 1st party and the 3rd party - certainly not in the eyes of the consumer. It's junkmail pure and simple.

I thought Amazon contacting me 6 months after I'd bought a travel guide to Lisbon telling me that a travel guide to Lisbon was getting good reviews was silly (considering I'd been there a fortnight after buying the book as most people would?) - a but a travel company sending me information about Ultimate Trading Secrets? Maybe they're taking tips from George Agdgdgwngo?

No comments: