Monday 21 January 2008

Chopsticks for kids

I spent new year with Mrs. Hadfield and a friend, his wife and their son.

Whilst me and my friend are uncouth heathens from the wasteland that is the North East of England, he actually met his wife in South Korea. One of the benefits of this (from my very selfish point of view) is that whenever we meet up we're always treated to a superb spread of Korean food.

This suits me down to the ground because I love the stuff. The majority of it is very healthy, satisfying and about as spicy as I like things to get. Personal favourites are kimchi (unmistakable, very very good for you, nice and spicy) and the red bean paste that accompanies so much of their food. Stick whatever you want in a lettuce leaf, add some red bean paste and shove it in your mouth. Magic!

What interested me just as much as the food where the kids chopsticks that their son was using. We've all seen the kiddies knives and forks - with kinks in them so the kids can get (at least some of) the food into their mouths. Well, I was asking how you can teach children to use chopsticks and my friends pulled out these amazing little things with finger holes in them. Their son loves using them! I must confess I had a go myself.

I mean look at these - how cool are they!

No comments: