Tuesday 22 January 2008

Geezers, beasts and commies

Christmas seems like such a long time ago. The office has been mental, as has stuff going on at St. Martins.

OK, enough of the excuses. I want to post some photographs from my Christmas break, and I wanted to justify why it's taken me about a month.
This is a present my brother-in-law had bought for him. It has a Magic Hair Wand. How ironic! A Christmas gift that someone bought for him based on communism! You couldn't make it up... (obviously said in a mock cockney accent.)
Geezers Palace - spotted in Hunstanton on the Norfolk coast. I actually made Mrs. Hadfield do a detour when I saw this in the distance. Rather strangely for a faux Egyptian menswear shop, it had loads of pairs of Crocs in the window.
Just along the road is the aptly named Rock 'n' Puff. It sells rock and cigarettes. When I retire I'm going to cut out pieces of paper that have products written on them and put them all into a hat. I'm going to get my wife to pull 2 out and I'm going to open a shop selling those two items. I've always fancied myself owning a shop that sells mackerel and moleskins.

A few miles away in the Isle of Wight this caught my eye. I would love to know what constitutes an amazing beast. Being brought up the North East, I immediately start thinking of various bars on a Saturday night... but we won't go into that.


And lastly (for now), on the way back from the Isle of Wight I had a sudden attack of jealousy. Fred Dibnah was a legend. I love watching his programs but I never got to meet the man. These people did. I was half inclined to put on my fake commie beard and stuff Crocs in their exhaust.

No comments: