Monday 4 February 2008

The best museum you've never heard of

I visited this place recently. It's brilliant.

It's in Battle - about an hour from London - and for those with a phobia about leaving the smoke - it's well worth the effort.


I love seeing old stuff. Theres' something about the colours, the typefaces, the old paper or metal that I just love. Plus there's that wonderment that none of it was designed on computers.

There are various places that you walk around: a chemist, a sweet shop, a newsagent etc and each are filled with things that I was pointing at like a child.

I'd definitely recommend it. There are more pics here.

2 comments:

pisspoorenglish said...

what do you mean 'old stuff'? we've still got all that clobber up here in Manchester you know!

Nice photos, I do like all that stuff too, very cool design on so much of it.

Anonymous said...

great find. i may have visited there a while back. a bit of a pain to get to if i remember? still, definately worth while.